Monday, September 29, 2008

Back to Reality

We just got back from a trip to Grandpa's in Arkansas. What a crazy week. As always, Grandpa and Karen made sure the boys came home with stories to tell. Liam is a full-fledged motorcycle maniac now. I was in awe at how grown up he looked as he rode these bikes. He can start them by himself, he's going on the road now (with Grandpa's assistance). Liam is growing so fast and I can't do anything to stop it. I was even marvelling at his feet the other day. He no longer has "kid" feet, they look like miniature "guy" feet. He's lost that cute, pudgy toe thing that most kids have.

And seeing Simon on the motorcycle was the cutest thing ever. He would yell out "I love you Mom" as he rode past me with that Sputnik sized helmet on.

Here's a Quinn story. He woke up in my bed one morning and the first thing out of his mouth was "Mom, I love you so much so I won't annoy you ever again." I have no idea where that came from. I sure hope I don't make him feel like an annoyance. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing that to him. OH, they will write books about me someday, won't they.

No comments: