Thursday, November 6, 2008

Homeschool Confession

So, do other Homeschool moms get this? I am always hearing, "you must be so patient", "I could never do that", "How do you do it all?". I feel like a hypocrite when I hear these things because frankly, I DON'T HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER! Is there anyone out there who does? And if you say "yes", so help me I will come over and let my schnoodle chew up your child's latest book report. UGGHHH!

This school year just feels a little off. It lacks pizzazz, excitement, inspiration. I don't feel the harmony in the house that I dreamed about before signing up for this gig. The boys aren't reveling in the learning process or begging to do more science projects. What gives?

1 comment:

Imthebigmom said...

I wrote a really long reply to this...in my typical, sarcastic big sister fashion. And while I signed in..it disappeared. It is all out of my head now...so sorry. Just get the gyst..that while we aren't SUPERMOMs...we are super moms, doing great things for our kids that aren't always easy, so the fun 'ain't' always there..it wasn't in college, it wasn't in high school, through cheerleading, through family life, through church things, through life in general...so why do we pressure ourselves to think our homeschooling efforts have to be doowopzingy wild all the time in order to be worthy of being called home schooling. I talked to a kindegarten/first grade male teacher recently...he said, "I'm just biding my time til I can retire and get state retirement...must twelve more years and I'm free." Didn't sound exciting to me....and that was just kindegarten. Wow;...so again, why do we beat ourselves up all the time. We are super moms...you bet.

Love you